Far be it from this blog to defend Palin, but she may be on to something here. I did a little digging, and unearthed solid evidence that Palin is right. And I'm not talking about the 'evolutionists' argument that dinosaurs evolved into birds, so that birds are like dinosaurs. No, I'm talking about these 100% dinosaurs:
1. Barney: Old people are laughing at Palin for thinking humans and dinosaurs lived together. But that's because those old fogies have never seen Barney in action. As this picture indicates, Barney can often be found dancing with children. He may be creepy, but it is indisputable visual evidence that dinosaurs walk among us.
2. Denver, The Last Dinosaur: This syndicated cartoon (1988-1989) featured a "hip, green dinosaur" who secretly lives with a group of teenagers. As the picture below indicates, Denver is clearly walking around with humans. While his name "Denver, The Last Dinosaur" indicates that after his death, humans will no longer walk with dinosaurs, we'll always have the memories ... and this picture.
3. Ringo Starr: As you can see, none other than Ringo Starr is photographed with a pterodactyl in the movie "Caveman". Sure, cavemen are often used as evidence of evolution, but in this case, Ringo star is a human playing a caveman, so it still counts. And technically, pterosaurs are not dinosaurs, but we say close enough - we're talking about a memver of the Beatles here!
4. Jurassic Park: There are two Jurassic Park books and three Jurassic Park movies, all clearly depicting dinosaurs and people living at the same time. Sure, these dinosaurs were cloned from amber, but all Palin said was that people walked with dinosaurs. She never said when that happened. This isn't really related to Palin, but my favorite part of the first movie is when the cartoon DNA guy in the welcome video says "Dino DNA!" with a southern accent.
5. King Kong: In both the first (black and white) version and the Peter Jackson version, King Kong had to fight a T-Rex. I don't know about the 1980's version because it sucked and I blocked it out of my memory. Either way, at least on that island, dinosaurs and people were alive at the same time ... until King Kong killed it. These classic films also are evidence that people and giant gorillas lived together, just in case Palin ever says something about that.
6. Turok - Dinosaur Hunter: Dinosaurs are so prevalent in modern society that there's a guy name Turok who has to hunt them in a video game. Does anyone question the existence of deer? No. And since people hunt deer, I'd say the case is pretty airtight that dinosaurs walk with people, because there's a guy named Turok who hunts them. And if one video game isn't enough, there's another one called "Dino Crisis."
As you can see, Sarah Palin is on to something here. Given this new evidence, it may be time to throw out those evolution textbooks and replace them with ... textbooks about dinosaurs living with humans.